Navjivini School of Special Education an Institution for Mentally Handicapped has been serving the community since 1981. This institution for children with limited intellectual abilities was established in the year 1981 and is being run under the guidelines of National Institute for Empowerment of Persons with Multiple Disabilities, Chennai and Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI), New Delhi. It is thus recognized by Rehabilitation Council of India to hold teaching programmes for Special Educators at various levels. The Institution also had opportunities to conduct CRE programs, Bridge Courses and Foundation Courses for teachers of special and normal schools. There has been a constant professional endeavors in the areas of education, sports, recreation, vocational and therapeutic approaches, to train the individuals with mental retardation and the empowerment of mentally handicapped and their families has played a significant role in bringing about overall development of mentally challenged and thus making them a part of productive group of the Society.
It has undertaken manpower development in mental retardation and other associated areas. In this context it is offering two years Teachers Training Course leading to Diploma in Education – Special Education (Mental Retardation) i.e. D.Ed. SE (MR) course since 2007. This course is recognized by Rehabilitation Council of India, New Delhi.
The Navjivini School has achieved another distinguished position by starting a another Institute under the name Navjivini Institute of Special Education and Research (NISER).This Institute has been recognized by Department of Social Security, Women & Child Development, Punjab. The Rehabilitation Council of India, New Delhi has also been accorded approval to the Institute from the session 2011 – 2012. Punjabi University, Patiala, has accorded affiliation to this institute. All the rules of Punjab Govt. and Punjabi University Patiala are being followed by the institute. The institute is running B. Ed. SE (MR) since 2011.
The D.Ed. Special Education (MR) aims to enable and train the teachers to achieve the following objectives:-
1. To perceive the so called „Disabled‟ as „Differently Abled‟ and develop in them the confidence about their potentialities, abilities and usefulness to serve the society with a sense of freedom, self-respect and dignity.
2. To develop professional competencies to educate the disabled group.
3. To know and understand various methods and approaches of organizing learning experiences of disabled groups of learners in disability area for inclusive, integrated and special education set up.
4. To develop competencies for selection and organization of learning experiences.
5. To understand the nature of disabled children in learning process.
6. To develop competencies to deal with the academic and personal problems of the disabled learners.
7. To know and understand the various methods and techniques of evaluation and their applications.
8. To develop competencies for selection, development and use of evaluation tools.
9. To develop competencies to organize various co-curricular and extracurricular activities.
10. To develop competencies for organizing various instructional and student support services activities.
11. To know, understand and develop the ability to manage a Special School.
Click to Download D.ED Prospectus
Your email address will not be published.
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Powered by Akal, Designed by MandeepManpreet, 2017