Navjivini School of Special Education, an Institution for Mentally Handicapped has been serving the child...
Navjivini School of Special Education, an Institution for Mentally Handicapped has been serving the children with limited intellectual abilities and community since 1981. The institute has initiated many programs for professionals and parents under the guidance of National Trust. In 2007, Diploma in Education, Special Education (Mental Retardation) was started.
The Navjivini School has achieved another distinguished position by establishing Navjivini Institute of Special Education and Research (NISER). In 2011, Bachelor of Education, Special Education (Mental Retardation) was started with affiliation from Punjabi University, Patiala and recognition by Rehabilitation Council of India, New Delhi. All the rules of Punjab Govt. and Punjabi University Patiala are being followed by the institute. The Institution also had opportunities to conduct Continuing Rehabilitation Education (CRE) programs, Bridge Courses and Foundation Courses for teachers of special and normal schools. There has been a constant professional endeavor in the areas of education, sports, recreation, vocational and therapeutic approaches to train and empower the Persons with Disability. The families play a significant role in bringing about overall development of the disabled and thus making them a part of productive group of the Society.
The B.Ed. Special Education (MR) aims to enable and train the teachers to achieve the following objectives:-
1. To perceive the so called ‘Disabled’ as ‘Differently Abled’ and develop in them the confidence about their potentialities, abilities and usefulness to serve the society with a sense of freedom, self-respect and dignity.
2. To develop professional competencies to educate the disabled group.
3. To know and understand various methods and approaches of organizing learning experiences of disabled groups of learners in disability area for inclusive, integrated and special education set up.
4. To develop competencies for selection and organization of learning experiences.
5. To understand the nature of disabled children in learning process.
6. To develop competencies to deal with the academic and personal problems of the disabled learners.
7. To know and understand the various methods and techniques of evaluation and their applications.
8. To develop competencies for selection, development and use of evaluation tools.
9. To develop competencies to organize various co-curricular and extra curricular activities.
10. To develop competencies for organizing various instructional and student support services activities.
11. To know, understand and develop the ability to manage a Special School.
Click Here to Download B.ED prospectus
Celebrations of Republic Day
Continuing Rehabilitation Programme
Independence Day Celebration
Celebration of ‘Teej’ Festival
Atheletes of Navjivini School gets ‘Award of Honour’
Powered by Akal, Designed by MandeepManpreet, 2017